emka TECHNOLOGIES provides a complete suite of integrated hardware and software solutions for cardiovascular studies.
This is a direct result of the strong partnerships we have forged with leading research instrument manufacturers and the continual development of our own products.
- • ECG studies: ECG is one of the parameters commonly measured during phenotyping of genetically modified strains. emka TECHNOLOGIES provides a range of solutions for performing ECG studies on different animals from mouse to primate.
• isolated heart (working
heart or Langendorff): Complete setup to run isolated heart
experiments on hearts from mice, rats, guinea pigs or rabbits. In addition to
left ventricular pressure (lvp), ECG may be acquired.
• pv loops: Characterization of the intact heart's
performance under various situations (drugs, disease, characterization of mouse
strains…) is possible by use of conductance catheters measuring pressure-volume
(PV) changes in the left ventricle. Configuration and analysis performed
in iox via dedicated PV analyzer.
• baroreflex sensitivity: assessment of
baroreflex sensitivity is based on analysis of a blood pressure signal. The
analysis module is available as an option with the bp analyser.
• thrombosis: In
the described setup, thrombus formation is induced mechanically and followed by
measuring flow downstream.
• hemodynamics studies: Setups
to study hemodynamics in anesthetized rats and mice.
Cardiovascular minisite map
- • ECG studies
- • Non-invasive blood pressure studies
- • Implantable blood pressure studies
- • In-vitro studies
- • PV loops studies
- • Flow studies
- • Baroreflex sensitivity
- • Cardiac conductivity
- • Cardiac electrophysiology
- • Anesthesia & vital sign monitoring
- • emkaPACK4G telemetry system
- • nibpSNAPSHOT for large animals
- • CODA system for rodents
- • rodentPACK2 telemetry for rats
- • ecgTUNNEL for rodents
- • Pressure-Volume systems
- • isolatedHEART system
- • Mikro-tip pressure catheter
- • Electrophysiology catheter
- • Flowmeters
- • PhysioSuite & SomnoSuite from Kent
- • USB and analog amplifiers
- • iox2 acquisition software
- • ecgAUTO software for data analysis
- • datanalyst data post processing software